When you decide to change your Internet service provider there are several points in which it is important not to make a mistake. The first is the choice of your Internet service provider, and the second is the connection to your home. If you are reading this article it means that your choice is Spectrum Internet, and below we will provide detailed instructions on how to properly connect it yourself.
Spectrum Internet – a brief overview
Spectrum Internet is quite a successful company that provides its services to more than 25 million users all over the USA. It has some advantages over its competitors that lie in its ease of use. The company does not ask for any contracts, does not impose restrictions on the use of traffic, and does not require payment for completion while providing a money-back guarantee for almost a month.
Spectrum Internet offers three data plans and your internet speed will directly depend on them, but it’s worth noting that it will be quite high in any case. The monthly price for a year of usage starts at $50 and ends at $110. During the pandemic, Spectrum Internet stopped providing professional installation services for a while, but you can do it just fine on your own if you have a good manual handy.
How do I order a Spectrum do-it-yourself installation kit?
Before you start doing spectrum.net self-install you need to order a self-install package. The good news is that it is free, all you need to do is specify when you order it on the official website of the company (or by phone) that you want the self-installation kit. If you have already ordered an Internet delivery package but have not indicated that you want to do the installation yourself, you can contact the company’s support team who will quickly fix your problem. When you receive your order, first make sure you have all the parts you need for the installation, but if something is missing, you can still get it fixed by customer service.
Your kit should include tools such as:
- The manual
- Modem and wi-fi router
- Network cable
- Coaxial cable
- Two power cables
Independent Installation of Spectrum Internet Service
When you are sure that all the necessary elements are in place it’s time to do the most responsible thing: installation. To make sure it goes as smoothly and easily as possible follow the instructions below:
- Take the coaxial cable and connect it between the modem and the cable outlet
- Connect one of the power cables to the socket and wait for its activation, this may take several minutes, and when the indicator lamp lights up this will indicate that you are ready to work
- The Ethernet cable should be connected with one end to the modem and the other end to the router
- The second power cable should be connected to the wi-fi router and wait for it to connect. You may have to wait up to 10 minutes for this to happen, this is normal. You will know your router is ready when the buttons on the router panel turn green
- Start your computer by connecting it to your Spectrum WiFi network. The router’s name and password will be marked on the back of the router, or on a sticker that is also included in the kit
Now your Internet is fully operational and you can start your work.